This is a notice that the Sol Aqua Townhomes Public Hearing date is scheduled for Wednesday, February 9th at 6:00 PM.
The Public Hearing is your opportunity to share your opinions on this project and ask any questions and provide support.
- Reference – File No: Z 20-08, 2211 Campbell Road – Sol Aqua Project
- The CWK is encouraging call-in attendance (format to be detailed in the official notice) but WILL make accommodations for in-person attendance. Presenters will be given the option to speak directly, in person, to City Council, but with the general seating area separate from City Council.
- A detailed overview of the process to be involved at the Public Hearing is provided below.
HOW TO MAKE SUBMISSIONS
Submit in writing
Make submissions Attn: City Clerk, File No. Z 20-08 and include your name and address and submit by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2022. Written submissions can be provided to Council in advance of the scheduled public hearing date via:
- Mail to City Clerk, Municipal Hall, 2760 Cameron Road, West Kelowna, BC V1Z 2T6.
- Email to email@example.com.
- In-Person by leaving your submission with reception or in the drop box outside the main doors of Municipal Hall at 2760 Cameron Road.
Written submissions received before 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2022, will be provided to Council as part of the publicly posted Agenda. All submissions received before the close of the Public Hearing are provided to Council and become part of the public record. Council cannot receive submissions after the conclusion of the Public Hearing.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARING
The City is providing two options to participate in the Public Hearing; however, the City encourages the public to register to speak via phone. Alternatively, seating will be made available in Royal LePage Place arena. Please note that the Royal LePage will have the ice in; dress accordingly.
- Register to speak via phone; or,
- Attend in person.
Register to speak by phone during the public hearing
The City will provide participation by phone as follows:
- Register to speak at the Public Hearing by phoning Legislative Services staff at 778-797-2250 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Once registered, City staff will contact you by phone during the Public Hearing on Feb. 9, 2022 to provide your opportunity to address Council. Staff will be unable to provide you with a specific time-slot, so participants must be available to address Council by phone for the duration of the Public Hearing starting at 6:00 p.m.
If you do not pre-register and wish to participate, phone 778-797-2250 during the Public Hearing to be added to the list.
Attend in person during the public hearing
The City is providing an option to attend the Public Hearing in person. The City will conduct the Public Hearing in accordance with the physical distancing requirements directed by the provincial health authorities.
To participate in-person, please attend at the date and time and come directly to Royal LePage Place arena to sign in. Staff will provide you with further instructions to participate safely. This is subject to change based on the most current Public Health Order.
Other information if planning to attend the Feb. 9 Public Hearing in person
Thank you for doing your part to keep Mayor and Council, staff, others in attendance and yourself healthy and safe during the Public Hearing.
- Masks are mandatory when inside City facilities.
- Maintain safe social distances.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting City facilities.
- Accessibility will be maintained and staff will guide persons who may need mobility assistance.
- The Council meeting will be live-streamed inside the arena, so that residents can watch the proceedings, until it is their turn to speak.
- When it is time to speak, staff will guide individual presenters to Council Chambers to maintain safe distances and occupancy limits.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can watch the Public Hearing via live stream at westkelownacity.ca/webcasts.
- If you are sick at home and wish to speak, then call us during the Public Hearing, starting at 6 p.m. Feb. 9, by phoning 778-797-2250.
Please review the ‘What We Heard’ page.
For more information, and for any other specific questions or comments, please fill out the form below.